HOW IT ALL STARTED
NEW RIVER BREWING
is a family doctor in Jefferson, who has been hobby brewing for over 30 years, and has always wanted to start a brewery since enjoying all the original-old school breweries in Cincinnati
– Home Brewer since 1985
– 1983 and 1987 graduate University of Cincinnati
– Current occupation: Family physician in Jefferson, NC since 1990
– Lives in Warrensville, NC with his wife Jan
– Chief Bottle Washer at New River Brewing since 2017
– Favorite Beer Style: Oktoberfest Marzen
– Favorite Taproom Food: Burger with Fried Pickles
is an industrial engineering technician, graduated from East Tennessee State University in Johnson City. He has home brewed since receiving a brewing kit from his dad for his 21st birthday (And not a day before!)
– Home Brewer since 2011
– 2014 graduate ETSU Industrial Engineering Technology
– Current occupation: Head Brewer New River Brewing since 2017
– Lives in Elizabethton, TN with his wife Brittany
– Favorite Beer Style: Belgian Golden Strong Ale
– Favorite Taproom Food: Anything Fried with cheese in it!
has worked in food service most of her life. Born into a restaurant family, she began waiting tables at 13 years old. She has opened, managed, and owned several successful restaurants over the years. She is our head chef and general manager.
– Lives in Lansing, NC with her daughter
– Favorite Beer Style: Tequila! (Although Ali’s Raspberry Wheat is a close second)
– Favorite Taproom Food: Messed up wings
Together we make up New River Brewing, and look forward to providing Ashe and surrounding counties with fresh, locally produced beer.